Library & Media
|Academics | Academic Profile | Courses & Curriculum | Guidance Office | Library & Media | Tutoring|
Electronic technologies provide countless learning opportunities for students. The skills, strategies, processes, attitudes, and knowledge that they need to function responsibly and productively in this environment have been and are continuously being radically altered. Effective learners are not just those who are knowledgeable, but rather they are people who are able to find and use information as required; we might say that successful learners are those who are information literate.
Creating information literate and technologically savvy individuals who think critically, creatively, and collaboratively, to solve real-world problems and communicate the solution effectively, is a major goal of the academic program, which has a unique and powerful partnership with the resources available through the Library & Media Center.
The Teays Valley Christian School Library & Media Center includes:
- Over nine thousand books, periodicals, journals, and magazines across various genres and target age groups
- Access to our searchable online database of the library inventory
- A quiet corner reading area and audio listening table
- Tables for study and research
- Adjacent location to one of our two main computer labs, which includes 33 student stations