Mission & Core Values
|About Us | Contact Us | Facilities & Technology | Instructional Beliefs | Mission & Core Values | Quick Facts | Statement of Faith | Student Outcomes|
Core Value Statements
- Teays Valley Christian School is committed to delivering a Biblical worldview to every student with planned and systematic Biblical integration of all subjects; employing and developing spiritually mature staff and faculty, and ministering by word and action to parents, students, and the community. (Deut. 6:40 NIV)
- TVCS is dedicated to continual improvement by striving for academic excellence in all grades and curriculum and by encouraging and equipping all staff toward continued professional development (Luke 6:40 NIV)
- TVCS recognizes and honors the Biblical role of parents in having the primary responsibility for their child’s education (Prov. 1:8 NIV)
- TVCS maintains accountability internally and externally, striving to maintain the highest levels of integrity and stewardship. (I Tim. 4:13-16)
- TVCS makes Christian character development a priority in all phases of the school program. (Phil. 3:12-14 NIV)
- TVCS is denominationally diverse in population; however, we strongly promote unity of spirit and purpose, for the cause of Christ. (Eph. 5:30)
- TVCS provides training and opportunity for students to hear and heed the call of the Great Commission. (Matt. 28:19-20)
- TVCS holds all local churches in high regard and encourages active involvement for all school families. (I Cor. 12:27 NIV)
- TVCS prayerfully and actively joins with families in providing opportunities for students to make lifelong commitments to Jesus Christ and to fulfill God’s purposes in their lives. (Matt. 16:24-25 NIV)
Purpose & Philosophy
Teays Valley Christian School believes that Christian education is a process in which teaching and learning are conducted and directed through developmentally appropriate activities by Christian teachers who believe His Word has the highest authority and who strive to bring all knowledge into a living relationship with His truth.
Teays Valley Christian School functions in a complementary role with the Christian home to provide, in an educational setting, opportunities which integrate and nurture each student’s spiritual, academic, social, physical and emotional development.
Teays Valley Christian School desires to produce individuals who fulfill God’s purposes in their lives, are contributing members within the body of Christ, and reflect a Christian worldview.
In keeping with our non-denominational status, TVCS promotes unity of spirit and avoids denominational issues that tend to divide believers. Such issues are left primarily to the teaching of the parents and home church. “Pursue the things which make for peace and building up of one another.” (Rom. 13:19)