|About Us | Contact Us | Facilities & Technology | Instructional Beliefs | Mission & Core Values | Quick Facts | Statement of Faith | Student Outcomes|
Quick Facts about TVCS:
- Distinctly Christian | Academically Excellent – We are committed to each student being prepared to transform the world for Christ.
- Accreditation – TVCS is accredited through the Association of Christian School International (ACSI), the North Central Association (NCA), and the West Virginia Department of Education (WVDE).
- Affiliations – Association of Christian Schools International, North Central Association, ACSI Mid America Region, West Virginia Christian Athletic Tournament, and the West Virginia Department of Education.
- Enrollment – Over 300 students currently attend TVCS, in grades kindergarten through twelve. Students attend TVCS from surrounding counties such as, Putnam, Kanawha, Lincoln, Mason, and Cabell counties, as well as seven countries and four continents of the world.
- Interdenominational – Our student body currently represents 69 churches in the area as we emphasize a unity of spirit across denominational lines.
- Relational Environment – Research shows that academic achievement and spiritual formation is greatly enhanced within the context of an appropriate relational environment.
- Spiritual Formation – TVCS incorporates a chapel program for the elementary, middle school, and high school, as well as daily Bible classes.
- Missions – TVCS has a heart for missions, justice, and preparing students to become leaders in influencing their world for Christ. TVCS sponsors and organizes a yearly mission trip for our graduating seniors.
- Credit Transfer – Our course credits are accepted by all public and private schools, both statewide and nationally. Additionally, course credits are accepted by all public and private colleges and universities.
- Facilities and Technology – At over forty thousand square feet of space, TVCS is a premier, technologically advanced, and secure facility with 15 classrooms, each equipped with Promethean Activboards. TVCS currently holds a 3:1 student to computer ratio in grades K-8. Grades 9-12 have a 1:1 student to computer ratio as each student uses a Google Chromebook.
- College Readiness – Historically, over 90% of our graduates continue their education at the collegiate level. In addition to a rigorous college preparatory academic program, TVCS offers PSAT and Terra Nova 3, among other guidance services to ensure success at the next level.
- ACT/SAT Scores and Standardized Testing – In addition to scoring above the ACT/SAT benchmark levels for college readiness, TVCS continually tests above the state and national levels in nationally-normed standardized tests (Terra Nova Test).
- Campus Wear – Campus Wear projects an atmosphere of solidarity, loyalty, and equality among the student population, while promoting a serious atmosphere for learning.
- Athletics – Each of our 15 men’s and women’s teams compete with area Christian and public schools, and participate in the West Virginia Christian Athletic Tournament for its post-season endeavors.
- Founded in 1979 by Scott Depot Christ Fellowship (The Depot), TVCS celebrates over 35 years of excellence in Christian education.
- All teachers are professionally trained and ACSI certified.
- TVCS offers a Christ-centered, Biblically-based, college preparatory curriculum.
- TVCS prioritizes 21st century teaching and learning standards throughout the academic program.
- TVCS offers a dual credit program, partnering with both Marshall University and West Virginia State University, for available high school classes in math and science, as well as access to online classes through West Virginia Virtual School.
- Information Now is used as an online platform for parents to stay up to date with their student’s assignment postings and latest grades.
- TVCS hosts the annual ACSI Academic Day.
- TVCS participates in the Putnam County science fair, spelling bees, social studies fair, and math field day.
- There is an overnight retreat for secondary students as a part of the fall spiritual emphasis week.
- At the elementary level, TVCS offers additional non-core classes such as: Computer, Spanish, Art, Music, and Physical Education.
- At the secondary level, TVCS offers additional non-core classes such as: Spanish, Art, Band, Chorus, Advanced Bible, Journalism, Yearbook, Speech, Psychology, and Senior 101.
- The elementary students actively participate in the Accelerated Reader program.
- TVCS partners with Putnam County Schools for special services (testing for special needs, gifted program, health screenings, speech therapy, etc.).
- TVCS holds a recognized chapter of the National Honor Society.
- TVCS offers a Senior 101 class using technology unique to our school, Naviance. This program assists students in college preparatory testing and college admissions.