|Student Life | Clubs & Organizations | Social Opportunities | The Basics | Senior Life|
With increased opportunities and heightened expectations of student leadership, the senior year is designed to be the spiritual, academic, and social pinnacle of the total Teays Valley Christian School program. Check out some helpful information below to help guide you through this significant transition year.
General Checklist and *General Senior Year Schedule (*subject to change)
- Graduation Requirements: Make sure you are on schedule to graduate by having the appropriate classes scheduled and adequate course credits. This information is available through the Guidance Office.
- Download the Graduation Requirements >
- Promise Scholarship Application: We encourage ALL students who qualify, or think they may qualify (regardless of their future plans) to apply online at www.wvhepc.org. It only takes about 5 minutes. The application will be available beginning October 1, 2016. The DEADLINE for application is March 1, 2017.
- *Additional scholarship opportunities and deadlines are available through the Guidance office.
- FASFA: All graduating seniors must complete the Federal FASFA financial aid information. The FAFSA will be available beginning October 1, 2016. The DEADLINE for application is March 1, 2017 and can be completed at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- College Entrance Exams: Register online for the ACT at www.actstudent.org and for the SAT at sat.collegeboard.org. When students register, use the TVCS school code 491169. Remember to send your scores to the colleges you are planning on applying for.
- College Applications: Apply early and to as many potential colleges you would like. Stay current with your portfolio materials, resume, and recommendation letters.
- Cap and Gown: Seniors can order through Masters of Design, out of Cross Lanes, WV. They can be contacted directly at 304-776-6659. More information is available through the Student Coordinator’s Office.
- Senior Announcements: Senior Announcements are typically ordered at the time of the cap and gown, also through Masters of Design. They can be contacted directly at 304-776-6659. More information is available through the Student Coordinator’s Office.
- Yearbook Picture: Submit a senior portrait to the yearbook class.
- Homecoming – Soccer Season: Each fall, during the annual homecoming festivities, a king and queen are crowned from the senior class.
- Senior Night – Basketball Season: Escorted by their parents, each senior is honored during the halftime of the last home basketball game, with a gift and a short biographical reading.
- Junior/Senior Banquet – May: Our yearly formal is held each spring in honor of our graduating seniors with various ceremonies throughout the evening.
- Senior Missions Trip – May: The week before graduation, the seniors embark on their climactic week of missions and service. Destinations in the past have included Houston, Texas, and New York City, New York, and Los Angeles, California.
- High School Athletic Banquet – May: Seniors participate for the last time in the annual high school athletic banquet.
- Senior Chapel – May: On the Tuesday before Graduation, a special chapel is held in honor of the graduating seniors where scholarships are presented, as well as various tributes to the seniors from the Junior class, and other festivities.
- Graduation Ceremonies: Senior Awards, School Awards, Diplomas, and other exciting traditions take place at the annual commencement ceremonies of Teays Valley Christian School.