We believe the Bible is foundational to all truth and should be integrated into all subject areas.
We believe students are uniquely designed with spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social gifts, and therefore possess various learning styles.
We believe the school should be committed to continuous improvement.
We believe that the students enrolled at Teays Valley Christian School can meet high academic expectations.
We believe that the curriculum design, instructional strategies, and learning activities should be based on distinct goals and challenging expectations for student achievement.
We believe that a variety of appropriate and relevant instructional approaches and methods of assessment should be provided in order to meet the various learning styles of students.
We believe students can become confident, self-motivated, life-long learners.
We believe Teays Valley Christian School should function in a complimentary role with the home and church to produce individuals, who reflect a Christian world view and fulfill God’s purposes in their lives.
We believe students will be able to demonstrate their understanding of essential knowledge and skills by the use of critical thinking and integrated application.
Students who Graduate from Teays Valley Christian School:
- Understand and commit to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Know, understand, and apply God’s Word in daily life
- Are empowered by the Holy Spirit, pursuing a life of faith, goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness, and love
- Are aware and committed to justice locally and globally
- Are well prepared in all academic disciplines and are skilled in reading, writing, speaking, listening, and thinking
- Are proficient in mathematics and science
- Have a knowledge and an understanding of people, events, and movements in history (including church history) and the cultures of other peoples and places
- Appreciate literature and the arts and understand how they express and shape the students’ beliefs and values
- Have a critical appreciation of languages and cultures of other peoples, dispelling prejudice, promoting interethnic harmony, and encouraging biblical hospitality for the stranger
- Personally respond to carry out the Great Commission locally and around the world in a culturally sensitive manner
- Know how to utilize technology and other resources to find, analyze, and evaluate information
- Are committed to lifelong learning
- Have the skills to question, solve problems, and make wise decisions
- Understand the worth of every human being as created in the image of God
- Can articulate and defend their Christian worldview while having a basic understanding of opposing worldviews
- Understand, value, and engage in appropriate social (community) and civic (political) activities
- Treat their bodies as a temple of the Holy Spirit
- Value intellectual inquiry and engage in the marketplace of ideas
- Respect, and relate appropriately with integrity to, the people with whom they work, play, and live
- Have an appreciation for the natural environment and practice responsible stewardship of God’s creation
- Are prepared to practice the principles of healthy, moral family living
- Are good stewards of their finances, time, and all other resources
- Understand that work has dignity as an expression of the nature of God
Core Value Statements
- Teays Valley Christian School is committed to delivering a Biblical worldview to every student with planned and systematic Biblical integration of all subjects; employing and developing spiritually mature staff and faculty, and ministering by word and action to parents, students, and the community. (Deut. 6:40 NIV)
- TVCS is dedicated to continual improvement by striving for academic excellence in all grades and curriculum and by encouraging and equipping all staff toward continued professional development (Luke 6:40 NIV)
- TVCS recognizes and honors the Biblical role of parents in having the primary responsibility for their child’s education (Prov. 1:8 NIV)
- TVCS maintains accountability internally and externally, striving to maintain the highest levels of integrity and stewardship. (I Tim. 4:13-16)
- TVCS makes Christian character development a priority in all phases of the school program. (Phil. 3:12-14 NIV)
- TVCS is denominationally diverse in population; however, we strongly promote unity of spirit and purpose, for the cause of Christ. (Eph. 5:30)
- TVCS provides training and opportunity for students to hear and heed the call of the Great Commission. (Matt. 28:19-20)
- TVCS holds all local churches in high regard and encourages active involvement for all school families. (I Cor. 12:27 NIV)
- TVCS prayerfully and actively joins with families in providing opportunities for students to make lifelong commitments to Jesus Christ and to fulfill God’s purposes in their lives. (Matt. 16:24-25 NIV)